Fish For A Cure – August
Dear Friends of Fish For A Cure,
We are excited to share that registration for the 16th Annual Fish For A Cure (F4AC) Tournament is now live! Register today for the F4AC Tournament, Paul C. Dettor Captain’s Challenge, and Shore Party to be held on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2022 at the South Annapolis Yacht Centre.
About The Tournament
This year, F4AC is a “Catch and Release” tournament for striped bass. This philosophy helps to sustain the striped bass population in the Chesapeake Bay. No fish are brought in to be measured. The winners are determined from the digital photos of the fish taken next to the official 2022 F4AC ruler. Learn more about the tournament rules.
How To Register Your Boat For F4AC 2022
Boat registration includes t-shirts, and the deadline to register is Oct. 31, 2022. Whether you are new to F4AC or have participated in every tournament, you will need to fill out your information and t-shirt size on our new website. View this step-by-step guide on how to register your boat and your crew.
It’s More Than Just A Competition
F4AC has raised more than $4 million over the past 15 years to support the Cancer Survivorship program at Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center’s (LH AAMC) Geaton and JoAnn DeCesaris Cancer Institute.
LH AAMC programs that are donor funded provide social, emotional, physical, and psychological support for patients and families as they navigate treatment and recovery from illness. Your charitable gifts toward F4AC provide more than 2,000 of our friends, loved ones, and neighbors experiencing the unique challenges of a cancer diagnosis with access to critically needed psychosocial services, including nurse navigation, nutrition counseling, psychosocial well-being, and oncology rehabilitation services.
When you make your gift today to support the Cancer Survivorship program at LH AAMC, you help patients not just survive, but thrive. Give to F4AC today by supporting your favorite boats!
Get Hooked On A Great Cause!
As a part of this fishing and fundraising competition among friends, we want to help you and your crew get creative in getting people hooked on such a great cause.
- Visit fishforacure.org for more information about F4AC and the Cancer Survivorship Program at LH AAMC’s Geaton and JoAnn DeCesaris Cancer Institute.
- Connect with F4AC on social media to get updates on the latest news and events leading up to our Tournament and Shore Party. Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details about your upcoming fundraising activities so we can help you spread the word with our friends of F4AC.
- Contact Kelly Accinelli, Corporate Giving Officer, at email@example.com for information on how your organization can become a sponsor.
- Share your fish tales, photos, and why you are involved with F4AC. We want to hear from you!
Thank you for your support with this annual event benefiting cancer patients and their families in our community. We couldn’t do it without you!
Fair winds and following seas,